Guided by Lisa M. Kuban
Volunteers for the Friday Community Meals at the Schenectady City Mission will need to also sign up through the volunteer portal. Contact the Youth Minsitry Office if you have any questions.
Join us for our Annual Grilled Cheese Supper on Ash Wednesday, March 1 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. in the Rosa Road Parish Center. Free will donation for Operation Rice Bowl accepted.
The website, Faith and Safety: Technology Through the Eyes of Faithwas jointly developed by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA), as an attempt to give you some simple, straightforward advice and tools on how to navigate this digital world with your family.
- 2016-2017 Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Calendar *accurate as of 9/09/16
- 2016-2017 Community Service Sign Up *please read changes to service requirements
- Community Service Verification - If you perform community service in programs other than Youth Ministry, you can fill out this form and have your club advisor, scout leader, etc sign it and turn it into the Youth Ministry Office.
UPDATED INFORMATION...The St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Confirmation Program is a 10 session program that begins in the Fall of 10th grade. Tenth graders will attend six (6) sessions from September to December. The final four sessions will be held in the Spring of the 10th; and they are attended by the young person and either their parent or sponsor. Young people will study the following topics: Christology, Prayer, Social Justice, The Bible and Morality; attend two retreats and participate in an all day Service Day. Confirmation is celebrated in the Fall of the Junior year. For more information, please contact the Youth Ministry Office at 518-346-6137 x242 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation Preparation Year I - Young people preparing to be confirmed Fall 2017.
There will be 6 Confirmation Prep I sessions in the Fall and 4 Confirmation Prep II sessions in the Spring. A family meeting will be held in August/September in the Union Street Church.
The six components of Confirmation Prep I are Christoology I & II, The Bible, Prayer, Sacredness of Self and Social Justice. Each session is 1.5 hours. Make up assignments are given for any sessions that is missed.
Confirmation Prep II - Young people preparing to be confirmed Fall 2016.
The Confirmation Retreat is a Diocesan requirement for all young people preparing to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. There will be two retreat weekend options: Fall 2016 Retreat dates are July 15-16 and September 23-24.
Celebrating the Word: The Youth Ministry Formation Program for Grades 6 -9.
The 10 components of the Youth Minsitry Formation program are Service, The Mass, Bible, Sacraments, Liturgical Year, Prayers, Theology, Scripture Story, Moral Theology and Ecclesiology. Father Bob developed this new curriculum for faith formation for grades K - 8. We invite you to click on the links below to see what we will be learning in our weekly sessions.
In conjunction with the weekly formation sessions, the 9th grade participates in the Living Stations of the Cross which is held on at noon on Good Friday. 2016 Rehearsal Schedule will be posted by November 1, 2015.
Comprehensive Retreat Program for Grades 6 -9. Retreats are another vital component of our Comprehensive Youth Ministry Program. There have been a few changes for the retreat program for grades 6 - 9. Young people are expected to attend one retreat each session. These all day retreats will be held on Saturdays. Retreats provide the young people with an opportunity to explore their faith through large and small group activities. Four different retreat opportunities will be offered each session allowing families to choose one that best fits their schedules and the interests of their young person. The 2016-2017 will be available by August 15, 2016.
Father Bob's Guide to the Gospels - Each year Father Bob will walking us through one of the four Gospels. Beginning in 2013, our young people encountered Jesus through Mark. In 2014, Matthew will share with us his experiences in his Gospel. Father Bob has prepared a guide and will give the young people questions related to reading assignments that will be given. The catechists may introduce the topic in their groups and families are encouraged to use these links to discuss the Gospel at home.
Mark Matthew Luke John
- Week 3 Chapter 8 Chapter 3 Chapter 3
- Week 4 Chapter 9 Chapter 4 Chapter 4
- Week 5 Chapter 10 Chapter 5 Chapter 5
- Week 6 Chapter 11 Chapter 6 Chapter 6
- Week 7 Chapter 12 Chapter 7 Chapter 7
- Week 8 Chapter 13 Chapter 8 Chapter 8
- Week 9 Chapter 14-15 Chapter 9 Chapter 9
- Week 10 Chapter 16 Chapter 10 Chapter 10
- Week 11 Chapter 17-18 Chapter 11 Chapter 11
- Week 12 Chapter 19-20 Chapter 12 Chapter 12
- Week 13 Chapter 21 Chpater 13 Chapter 13-14
- Week 14.1 Chapter 22-23 Chapter 14
- Week 14.2 Chapter 24-25 Chapter 15 Chapter 15-17
- Week 15 Chapter 16
- Week 16 Chapter 17
- Chapter 18
- Chapter 19
Comprehensive Youth Program
- Focuses on young people from 6th grade into college.
- Done to, with, by, & for young people - Adults minister to young people & young people to one another.
- Includes Word (Sunday Sessions 11:15 - 12:15pm & 6:30 - 7:30pm / Book Study / Prayer & Worship Masses / Prayer experiences.
- Community Life - Fun, social, & fundraising activities.
- Leadership Development - Leading retreats & teaching others.
- Justice & Service - Involvement in community & recognizing the meaning of faith.
- Pastoral Care, Evangelization & Advocacy - Be a compassionate presence, creatively sharing the good news & standing up for those powerless.
Involvement In Church Life
- Young people are encouraged to participate in service opportunities that will develop a sense of belonging and loyalty to the community; to feel like valued members of the community, and to take responsibility as leaders in parish-wide programs, such as Readers, Ushers, Catechists and when confirmed, Eucharistic Ministers.
Collaboration With The Civic Community
- Provides a way for a youth ministry to utilize community-wide resources and activities, and to plan joint activities, programs, and meetings with the different youth-serving organizations in the community (churches, schools, scouting programs, youth agencies).
St. Kateri Youth Group - We meet once a month...Check the bulletin, this webpage and our Face Book page (St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Youth Ministry) for the latest news! This group is open to all young people of our parish community in grades 6 - 12. .
Habitat for Humanity Mission Trip- Adults, parents & teens work together to improve neighborhoods and eliminate poverty housing.
If you would like more information or wish to register your child for sessions, please call our Office:
- Tuesday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Phone:(518) 346-6137 ext. 242
- We are on Facebook! Search for "St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Youth Ministry"
- Follow us on Twitter!! SKY@YM_StKats